SECOND COUSINS MEET IN ENGLAND!
Who knew when we came to England, we would meet Ryan's long lost second cousin Sister Watson!!! (second cousin once removed for the girls) She is serving a mission in England and is Ryan's Mom's cousins daughter. We have enjoyed getting to know her over these past few months!! She has been a great missionary! What a small Mormon world! :) (Sister Watson is on the left and her companion, Sister Burton, is on the right)
PETROL PRICES
I love listening to the news and hearing how crazy the gas prices are in the US. Check this out. We pay 95.9 pence a LITER!!! There are 4 liters in a gallon. That means we pay 3.8 pounds a gallon, and since the pound is stronger than the dollar by almost 2 to 1, we pay $7.67 a gallon!!! 
FUTURE SONS-IN-LAW
We have some really great friends named the Bunes's. They have 4 boys!! Since the chances are that we will have another girl, we have decided to pre-arrange their marriages. This makes it easy for family reunions. Of course the Bunes's will have to move to America. We haven't talked with them about this yet. 
ENGLISH PAYPHONES
English payphones.....goodness, gracious! I wish they would put them by Petrol/Gas stations! Usually they are out in the middle of nowhere! I have learned from personal experience that you can't find them when you need them.
GINGER HAIR
Do you think she'll have red hair? I see tints of it here and there. In England they call it "ginger" hair.
BRILLIANT BURGESS HILL TOUR
We took a little tour through Burgess Hill to show you the town we live in, and show you how well Ryan drives on the left hand side of the road. (pretty scary!:)
![]() |
| Burgess Hill Tour |

5 comments:
I love checking up on you guys! I am glad you started Blogging!
Your girls are so cute, we wouldn't mind arranging a few marriages, that is if your friends don't want to move to America of course!
I won't complain about gas prices any more after hearing your 7.67 a gallon! That takes a lot of math to even compare prices!
We hope you have fun in England. Eat all the Indian food you can. Well maybe there is some somewhere in NY. We plan on going to NY during Spring Break(March I think) and maybe you will let us stay with you while we are there. We miss the green from England.
Love,
Greg and Shelley
Hey Dana! I have decided that I would kill myself if I had to drive on the other side of the road. I'm glad that you are surviving. It was fun to see lots of pictures again! Keep up the good work. I CAN'T WAIT for you guys to move back!! Love you--Andrea
Hello-
We found your blog through Natalie because we are moving to England next summer. I was showing my husband the playground pictures when lo and behold my husband exclaims, "Hey that's Ryan Broderick!"
Turns out that Ryan was my husband's companion in Russia! What a small world huh? Do you remember Terry Murphy? If you want to catch up, look up our blog at www.terryrye.blogspot.com
:)Ryann
Enjoyed seeing all your pics/videos from England. So green & beautiful-- it reminds me of my yard :) So have you gotten used to driving on the "wrong" side of the road... are you going to crash when you come back to the U.S.? (I'd probably crash over there-- I'd take a roundabout wrong or something.)
Your kids are adorable. Come visit us & take a trip up here to Washington before we move.
Gaylynne
Post a Comment