Sunday, 22 July 2007

Legoland or BUST!

Legoland



Last weekend we tried to go to Legoland. Notice the word tried. After 3 grueling hours of terrible traffic and listening to Audrey repeatedly say "Legoland here we come!" we got there to find the sign read "Park closed." Ryan and I thought about the movie Vacation with Chevy Chase and how they get to Walley World and it was closed! We felt like punching all the Lego's! Ok, not really but we were definitely ready to get out of the car! All the cars were still heading in the direction of the park so we thought that we had to figure this all out. We waited in the que (in American that's line)and then they directed us into the car park (parking lot). When we got there the guy told us that they had never had this happen but all the car parks are completely full!!! The weather was really nice that day and our summer weather hasn't been great, so everyone had the same idea as us. Good weather=go to Legoland! Ryan asked what we should do. We had just driven all this way with screaming children and now we were told to go home. The worker told us we either could go back to Windsor (the closest town) and ride the bus back, which would take another 2 hours, or we could come back another day. Ryan asked if he had any free tickets. He told us yes. It was obvious he wasn't planning on handing them out so I was glad Ryan had asked. Even though Mia and Tori get in free he gave us 5 tickets. We were pretty excited about that and on the way home we started planning another trip to Legoland! We decided to invite the Bunes's well #1) because we like them and it would be more fun to go with friends! #2) for selfish reasons-because Ryan and I wanted to ride some adult rides!! :)

This weekend we checked the weather forecast and it was a one drop day. That means chance of showers/scattered showers. We decided to take the chance. With kids in tow and the Bunes's right behind, we took off. After 30 minutes on the road we hit a traffic jam. I was gutted!! (people like to use this saying here) I was so worried the same thing would happen. Luckily after about 20 minutes we started to move again. We were part of the first people to get there, unlike the other day, so we easily entered the park.

Legoland was great! It's like any theme park. You can't do everything in one day. We just did what we could. The rides are perfect for little ones. There were a couple that Mia couldn't ride. We tried to sneak her in by putting her hat on her head and giving her a few inches. She got to go on her first roller coaster which she absolutely loved!

Halfway through the day it started to rain. We're not talking a little drizzle. We're talking like full on good ol' English down pouring rain! You would think since this is England they would have big canopy's or something to sit under but they didn't have much. We were lucky to have been well equipped, but we still got our trousers (pants) quite soaked.

Legoland is full of lego statues. I loved the lego zoo, where all the animals were made from Lego's but the absolute coolest was the little London. There was Big Ben, the London Eye, St. Pauls Cathedral, etc and they were all made of Legos! My camera ran out of battery so I was gutted. (again!) I took some pictures with my video camera but we'll see how they turn out.

This week has really been a great week. As you can tell from my pictures, I got my hair cut. I love my cut and now remember why I love short hair so much! On Tuesday night I went to a friends house (Carla's) for a girly night. It was a strawberry party and she made the chocolate dipped strawberry's, along with a bunch of other kinds. We relaxed, drank and ate. It was relaxing and just what I needed. On Friday I went out with sisters from church. One of our friends, Carla (again), was celebrating her first anniversary without her husband, so we decided to go out with her and have dinner at an Indian restaurant. (Of course she would have rather been with her husband!) She has been waiting for a visa clearance from the Embassy to get back to the states. She has been waiting for about 8 months, and on that very day we were set to go out she got the call from the Embassy saying that she had been booked for an interview on August 7th. Which means, more than likely, she will get her clearance to leave right after that. YAY! So there are a few pictures of everyone at the Indian restaurant. One quick bit of info. Indian food is big in England. It is like our Mexican food. There is an Indian restaurant on every corner. (No Mexican anywhere! sad!) But we have become quite the fans of Indian food, and are going to miss it when we leave.



Here is Victoria's Blessing Picture. Isn't it cute? Audrey & Mia tell me she is thinking in this picture. (she is a smart baby.)

3 comments:

Jolene said...

The lego animals and little London are amazing! They look real! It makes me want to play with Legos. Dana, your hair looks so cute! I feel like cutting my hair and dying it blond again.

Amber said...

Dana, I just got caught up on your blog. It looks like you had a lot of fun at legoland! Matt and I really need to find a couple with kids the same ages as ours that we can go places and have fun with. I noticed that on one picture of a roller coaster ride everyone is wearing warm clothes/jackets except for this one girl wearing a strapless shirt. That was funny! Miss ya!

g.c. said...

Lego land looks like so much fun, my girls loved looking at the pictures. Wish we were there with you. Victoria's is adorable -- what a pickle (did I use the phrase right for cute?)